Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Seam Ripper (Part 2)

I never thought that a seam ripper could

generate such a buzz!


I introduced you to

my purple seam ripper.

I learned that many of our fellow quilters'

love some of the top ranked

seam rippers in the Quilter's Home article.

Here is a glimpse of the seam rippers

that were tested, the categories, and overall ranking.

(Click on the photo to enlarge the image)





Kaye Prince of Miss Print loves her Janome seam ripper,

which received an overall score of 3.



all love the Clover Seam Ripper,

which received an overall rating of 3.5.


It was also interesting to note that many quilters

own more that one seam ripper!

Which leads me to the second part of this post.

The other day while I was cleaning up my studio,

I came across this:


  

 

 <><>
<><>
Fabric: Fandango by Kate Spain for Moda


I realized that I also owned another seam ripper.

This one was tucked away in a drawer

and I hadn't used it in quite some time.

This seam ripper wasn't one of the brands

that was tested, but

I do enjoy it.

It is comfortable and pretty sharp.



Thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts

on their own seam ripper!


Until Next Time... Happy Quilting!
 

10 comments:

  1. My all time favorite is the Clover. :-) I've ditched so many of the cheapos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee...just recently I talked about seam rippers on my blog, too! I loved m F&P ripper but it is dull now due to excessive use ;). I was gifted the A.Anderson 4-in-1 tool and I'm really pleased with it :)

    http://littlegirlquilts.blogspot.com/2010/08/in-my-sewing-box-aus-dem-naehaestchen.html


    http://littlegirlquilts.blogspot.com/2010/10/nearly-wordless-wordy-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny - I own the exact same two you do! I prefer the Dritz one. I might have to check out some of these others, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If those seam-rippers didn’t exist, we probably wouldn’t make as many quilts as we do... LOL!

    Love those sneaky peeks from the Fandango fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really must get myself a nice seam ripper! I've always used the super cheapy tiny kind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Fons and Porter seam ripper and it looks like the one you have shown at the bottoom.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Gingher isn't even on the list! Must be because it's so new. Gingher just started this year to sell rotary cutters, mats, and seam rippers.

    I have a couple of old Bernina ones but I never use them now. It's hard to say in words just how nice the Gingher one is. Totally different all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a new one too! I use the Bernina that came with my machine and I am sure I could do better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ladies in the US do have fanzies seam rippers. I haven't bought one of them since I bought my sewing machine 20 years ago. One came with the sewing machine and I'm using it - Thanks for a great post - Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have two seam rippers but I usually use my little scissors for unpicking. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...